I'm so incredibly homesick for California right now. We've had a freak snowstorm here in Portland and I feel so out of my element. I feel guilty for saying so because I know how much my husband loves the woods and whatnot, but I am a born and bred California Coast girl. The ocean breeze and sunshine is in my blood.
Leaving my family to move to Portland three years ago was really hard. Everything and everyone I knew was there. I can only imagine how hard it is for people who leave their home country, it's rare that they get to go home. Home. I wish I could call Portland home, but I don't think I ever will. It's a fantastic place with creativity, culture, and I feel like living is easy here. I really do like it. However, when I cross the boarder into California I feel my lungs breath deeper, my muscles loosen, and I feel a more powerful sense of life within myself.
I don't see us going back any time soon what with the cost of living, but I'm still holding on to the hope that I'll get to go back some day.


No comments:
Post a Comment