While I may be vegetarian, my dear husband is not, so I'm still responsible to cook for my carnivore.
Growing up we had red meat maybe...3 times a year? This makes me a complete dunce when it comes to cooking meat.
Tonight I decided to pick up a marbly rib eye for the hubs and surprise him with a nice steak dinner. As I said before, I have no idea how to cook meat. Enter Gordon Ramsay, the king of the kitchen, and his wonderful YouTube tutorials.
Sides were prepared, my pan was hot, I put the oil in (not the right kind apparently) and WOOSH! Up in flames the pan went. I'm proud of myself, I really am. Being the daughter of a former firefighter and hearing "when there is a fire..." lecture till it was seared into my very being, I didn't panic. Still holding my pan of flames aloft, I reached courageously for my box of baking soda and quickly doused the fire.
No harm done, minus my house smelling a bit nasty.
Dinner turned out "ok" and I spent the rest of the evening moping with a glass of red wine at more of Mr. Ramsay's tutorials.
Verdict is out: I'm taking cooking lessons.
No comments:
Post a Comment