Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Lip Balm

It must be the edge of summer spurring me on or something, but I want to make absolutely everything. I've had a store of unrefined beeswax laying around since last year that my parents brought up from their hives in CA. So even though I didn't have all the "right tools" I set to refining a bit of it today. 


I realized halfway through pouring it into old yogurt containers and juice bottles that some silicon molds would probably have been a bit better, but I'm hasty, so yogurt cups and plastic bottles it is. 


I also had some empty lip balm tubes that needed to get used so I made a small batch of peppermint rose lip balm using beeswax, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and essential oil. 

 
They are setting up in the fridge now. I have a feeling it turned out too soft for tubes so I'll have to check and add more beeswax next time. Maybe even switch to tins instead of tubes. Irregardless, it smells divine, so I'm not complaining! 

Next up: Cold pressed soap! 

No comments: